This was developed for a legal startup aiming to offer clients an easy digital collaborative alternative to working on multi-peer contracts.
The main interface allows for writing contracts as in a usual rich text editor, but with added functionalities:
- ability to easily indent and outdent paragraphs and clauses within paragraphs, this updates all other dependent clauses automatically
- ability to drag entire clauses anywhere within the document
- ability to add numbering
- ability to set numbering style
- a better way to add comments and discuss with other collaborators on specific clauses
- ability to see editing history per clause
- ability to ask for an external AI input on a specific clause – this was envisaged as a way to determine irregularities in legal writing and to identify clause category
- ability to ask for approvals and reviews from other collaborators
- ability to start a negotiation of the contract where each party would see each other’s changes and accept or dispute them
- ability to print, export
- ability to ask for other parties’ signatures.
- ability to create standard clauses and later import them in other contracts
- ability to create templates and create contracts from saved templates
The project is now in standby awaiting more financing partners, so it’s not available publicly, but you can checkout the project website.